If only I knew she had HIV/ AIDS...(TRUE LIFE STORY)

If only I knew she had HIV/ AIDS...(TRUE LIFE STORY)

My name is Israel and my parents both died of HIV/AIDS. My dad finally had to admit to us all that he infected my mother with the virus and here's how he got infected.
 
Hello , I have followed your column for a long time and I have to admit that I am a huge fan. I always wanted to forward you this story which I now think, will inspire someone or people out there. It's a personal story and it happened to someone I love so much.
My name is Israel, the last child from a family of 4. My parents are both late and they died of HIV/AIDS. My dad finally had to admit to us all that he infected my mother (who died earlier) with the virus and here's how he got infected.
My pops was out one night drinking with friends like he used to. As the night grew darker, the drinks kept coming and the drinking kept on moving. By 1:00AM, my dad was so drunk he could barely walk. In fact, all his friends were as dead drunk as he was.
Being smart, my dad decided he couldn't drive but would walk home, careless the distance. As he walked by, he kept singing loud (a song he claims made him sure he was still alive). But as he staggered home, he met ladies standing by the roadside and immediately wanted to get one home.
"There was this particular girl, who just walked up to me telling me I needed help and she could help me," my dad narrated. "I think she smiled and I smiled back and we walked off. She supported me as we kept moving."
Pops said, all he remembered was that she took him to her house and gave him the best s ex he'd had in a long time. They had s ex twice before morning and passed out together. When he woke up in the morning, he was in an uncompleted building with the babe sleeping right next to him.
"I recognized the house… it was around an area known to be the hub for pro stitutes," my dad told me. "I immediately jumped up, feeling a slight headache but I was ashamed, embarrassed and needed to run out of there before anyone notice me," he went on.
He said there was something about the woman that stopped him for a moment! The girl had so many rashes on her body and looked very pale and sick. In short, she looked far from what he thought he saw last night. No one needed to tell my dad he'd messed up but didn't know just how bad it was.
He was so ashamed, he kept it as a secret from my mother and also repeatedly postponed going for hospital tests to check if he was ok. My father finally waved it off as nothing since he got back to himself after a few hours of proper sleep. Nothing was wrong with him, he was fine.
But after two years, my mom became so sick. We took her to the hospital and was told she had AIDS.  We got confused because she never cheated on my dad. We then forced my dad to take the test too. He refused but later agreed. He too was positive.
He however, kept this story a secret and insisted that he never cheated and even blamed my mom for infecting him with the disease. Close to a year later, my mother passed away. My father survived for a few months before joining my mother. Well, not until he privately told me this story…
Honestly, if he weren't my dad, I felt like killing him myself for murdering my innocent mother with that deadly disease just because he couldn’t keep his pants zipped! However, I learned that partners need to do the HIV/AIDS test as regularly as possible and some bad deeds do not have to be kept as a secret.



share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by ifecx, Published at 11:28 and have 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment